It’s about looking after the environment
Everyone is expected to comply with legislation designed to protect the environment.
BOOBOOK Ecotourism Australia goes a few steps further however, by engaging in activities that actively protect the wonderful natural assets that we all depend on, and the things that makes our guests’ experience with us so special. We as a business are committed to reducing our environmental footprint as much as we can.
It’s our company policy to:
- Reduce the amount of waste we produce and explore effective waste management including recycling
- Wherever possible to purchase and use environmentally friendly and biodegradable products
- Conserve energy and water through appropriate technology and our own behaviour
- Preserve waterways, soils, vegetation and wildlife by minimising disturbance caused by our activities
- Obtain and abide by appropriate licenses/permits from State environmental protection bodies
- Improve community education and awareness of our environment through our business and other activities
We ask that you, our guests, help us to look after the environment. You can do this by treading lightly on the places you visit, helping us carry out our rubbish, and by not picking the wildflowers or unduly disturbing animals we encounter during our adventures. The environment includes the cultural history too – never interfere with cultural sites of any kind.
Our legacy is to leave the environment in great condition for many more to enjoy and learn from in the years to come.