Share in untold stories of Roma’s colourful characters, discover how the town transformed to what we see today and admire our past and present heroes who continue to inspire.
- Driving and walking
- 3 Hours or Full Day
Share a few hours with a local guide for an insight into what the town of Roma truly has to offer. During our tour, experience where the country meets the Outback and discover the history of the town including the Butter Factory, Railway Station, Roma’s abandoned Winery, early houses. Explore Roma’s best kept secrets such as Lake Neverfill, our Biggest Bottle Tree and the Overflow. Visit to the famous Roma Saleyards, while keeping an eye out for some of our local characters. This tour is a great introduction to our town.
If you want more, add to your experience with our Explore Roma Town Full Day Experience. Enjoy a serene afternoon learning the arts of fruit growing on a local orange orchard, with a tour of their packing shed, before throwing out a picnic rug in amongst the trees to enjoy some light refreshments. Upon arrival back in town we’ll head to the Big Rig for a tour through The Oil Patch before joining their sunset tour of the EMSCO Rig. With a nip of a ‘really ‘good regional Port you’ll hear the stories of yesteryear and relax under the outback skies as your taken on a 35-minute sound and light journey to learn the entertaining trials and triumphs of early industry men and women. Select Afternoon Tour on the Extras page at check out.
ITINERARY: Explore Roma Town (Half Day Tour)
- 8:00am – Pick up at your Accommodation and travel to key landmarks and locations within Roma Town including: Lake Neverfill, Roma’s Cattle Sale Yards (largest in the Southern Hemisphere), The Butter Factory and Railway Station, Bassett Park, Roma’s biggest Bottle Tree, Roma’s abandoned Winery and Heroes Avenue. Enjoy morning tea in the picturesque setting of the Roma Bush Gardens before we continue on with the tour through the town.
ITINERARY: Explore Roma Town (Afternoon Tour)
- 11:00am – Drop off in town for lunch break and explore of the main streets of Roma. Return Transfer to guest only join in the Half Day Tour.
- 12:00pm – Travel 15 mins North of Roma and spend a relaxing afternoon on Rosedale Orchards. Here you have the opportunity to explore an orange orchard, learn how to grown your own citrus and when in season discover new techniques in freshly squeezing orange juice for yourself.
- 4:00pm – Transfer back to Roma to discover the rigs, machinery and the true grit of pioneers that shaped the remarkable history of Australia’s oil and gas industry on a guided tour through The Big Rig’s Oil Patch outdoor Museum.
- 5:00pm – As the sun sets relax under the outback skies as you are taken on a 35-minute sound and light journey to learn of the entertaining trials and triumphs of early industry men and women in Roma at The Big Rig Night Show Sunset Experience.
- 6:00pm – Return Transfers to your Roma Accommodation.
- Mornings may be cool, but the days can warm up to mid 20’s during winter and high 30’s during summer.
- Tour involves easy short walks
- Light Refreshments for Morning Tea & Afternoon Tea Picnic Hamper
- Explore the largest Cattle Sale Yards in the Southern Hemisphere
- Transfers from your accommodation in Roma or the Roma Information Centre
- Entry into the Big Rig Night Show sunset tour to the EMSCO Rig with a glass of Outback port
- Guided tour life on an orange/citrus orchard
- Guided tour through The Oil Patch Outdoor Museum at the Big Rig.
- Travel in the comfort of BOOBOOK’s 4WD air-conditioned vehicle
Guests to Bring:
- Good humour and questions
- Full Water bottle
- Comfortable clothes
Beginning & End Times:
- 8am to 11am – Half Day Tour
- 8am to 6pm – Full day Tour
FULL DAY EXPERIENCE PRICES Adult – $280 Senior – $265 Child – $240 Family – $800