Share in untold stories of Roma’s colourful characters, discover how the town transformed to what we see today and admire our past and present heroes who continue to inspire.
- Driving and walking
- 3 Hours
Share a few hours with a local guide for an insight into what the town of Roma truly has to offer. During our tour, experience where the country meets the Outback and discover the history of the town including the Butter Factory, Railway Station, Roma’s abandoned Winery, early houses. Explore Roma’s best kept secrets such as Lake Neverfill, our Biggest Bottle Tree and the Overflow. Visit to the famous Roma Saleyards, while keeping an eye out for some of our local characters. This tour is a great introduction to our town.
ITINERARY: Explore Roma Town (Half Day Tour)
- 8:00am – Pick up at your Accommodation and travel to key landmarks and locations within Roma Town including: Lake Neverfill, Roma’s Cattle Sale Yards (largest in the Southern Hemisphere), The Butter Factory and Railway Station, Bassett Park, Roma’s biggest Bottle Tree, Roma’s abandoned Winery and Heroes Avenue. Enjoy morning tea in the picturesque setting of the Roma Bush Gardens before we continue on with the tour through the town.
- 11:00pm drop off at your Accommodation or in town to explore of the main streets of Roma.
- Mornings may be cool, but the days can warm up to mid 20’s during winter and high 30’s during summer.
- Tour involves easy short walks
- Light Refreshments for Morning Tea
- Explore the largest Cattle Sale Yards in the Southern Hemisphere
- A cuppa and morning tea beside Railway Dam nestled within Roma Bush Gardens Information about how Roma came to be, our pastoral history and current industries. Fun facts and stories about our many sporting heroes, cattle duffers and other colourful characters.
- Transfers from your accommodation in Roma or the Roma Information Centre
- Travel in the comfort of BOOBOOK’s 4WD air-conditioned vehicle
Guests to Bring:
- Sense of adventure, good humor and questions
- Backpack or small day pack
- Full reusable water bottle
- Comfortable walking / exploring clothes including long pants and long-sleeved shirts and covered-in shoes. Casual evening camp wear
- Insect repellent
- Head torch & binoculars (if you have one)
- Musical instrument
- Rain coat
- Warm clothes, as the nights may get cool
- Personal toiletries and towel
- Swimmers and relaxation attire
Beginning & End Times:
- 8am to 11am – Half Day Tour