This retreat is not a hardcore regime but a relaxed mixture of sightseeing walking, yoga, swimming in spring-fed bush waterholes and more. The activities are designed to help you unwind, de-stress and get back in tune with your senses but it's always your choice whether you dive in or sit something out. Our experienced team and nature work together to remind you of everyday miracles and small wonders. Your accommodation is in Roma and, from there, you'll travel out into the Australian bush to explore. The space, the sky, a memorable evening BBQ with new friends, and a comfortable place to drift into dreams... It's not hard to be inspired and reconnect with the timeless cycles of life here. Come with a friend, a partner or on your own as a welcome break for mind and body. Breathe, reset and return revitalised!
- Walking & Driving
- 3 days / 2 nights
This Revival Retreat will inspire and reinvigorate. Without giving too much away, you’ll share in the wonders of Roma, people and surrounding countryside. With support from our experienced team, you’ll become immersed in the landscape, you’ll be inspired to open your senses, and allow yourself to tune into the many miracles that surround us every day.
We will visit fascinating farming properties with spring-fed waterholes, patches of dry rainforest, Eucalypt and Brigalow Woodlands and an abundance of wildlife. We’ll take a relaxed journey through time seeing the sights and sounds of Roma, being surprised by its diverse culture, activities and the shenanigans of the early pioneers. There will also be time to relax, chat and rejuvenate.
Take this wonderful opportunity to stop, breathe, connect to land and to something bigger than yourself.
Come alone or with friends, feel grounded, be delighted and surprised.
Make your way to Roma, cruising along the Warrego Way which stretches west from Brisbane, or the Carnarvon Highway that comes up from the South and down from the North. Alternatively fly in direct from Brisbane or if you have a bit more time to spare consider the Westlander Passenger Train.
Upon arriving to Roma check into your accommodation at the Roma Central Motel. For those flying or on the train we offer a courtesy transfer service. At 4pm will pick you have for a Welcome to Country and Smoking Ceremony and then we’ll have dinner at the Queens Arms, where we’ll share a few of the secrets for your next two days of adventure.
Leaving Roma at 8am on Boobook’s tour bus we’ll travel out of town to a fascinating farming property with spring-fed waterholes, patches of dry rainforest, Eucalypt and Brigalow Woodlands, and an abundance of wildlife. During this inspiring short respite, we’ll immerse you in the landscape, encourage you to open up your senses, and allow you to tune into the miracles that surround us every day. Take advantage of this safe refuge to stop, breathe, heal and connect to land and to something bigger than yourself. You’ll be able to opt in or out of some activities, however be prepared for a little walking (bring your walking shoes) and pack your yoga gear and swimming attire, including a towel, just in case you wish to partake. We’ll conclude the day with a motivating evening BBQ before heading back to Roma and the warmth of your accommodation.
Before breakfast we’ll wander beside a local waterhole before indulging in a yoga flow session. Following breakfast at the Roma Bakery we’ll take a relaxed journey through time seeing the sights and sounds Roma, being surprised by its diverse culture, activities and the shenanigans of the early pioneers. We’ll lunch at and tour the first homestead built in the region before heading back into town, allowing you plenty of time to start your journey home.
Grade 3 - Easy to Moderate
- Personalised small tour group, with a local guide
- A day with exclusive access to a diverse and biological rich privately-owned 10,000 acre working cattle and cropping station nestled near the Great Dividing Range
- Nature Walks through natural bushland and along spring fed waterholes on a working cattle property and farm
- Interpretative visits to key landmarks and attractions within and surrounding the town Roma
- 2 nights accommodation in a motel in the town of Roma
- Transfers from your accommodation/airport in Roma. All transfers around the property in BOOBOOK’s 4WD air-conditioned vehicle (abt 1:15hour relaxing interpretative drive each way)
- Fully catered with wholesome outback tucker
- Yoga sessions
- All transfers from the Roma Train Station, Roma Airport or your accommodation in Roma
- A true and brilliant Outback Australian experience
Guests to Bring:
Sense of adventure, good humour and questions, Hat, Full water bottle, Insect repellent, Day Pack, Sunscreen, Comfortable clothes and covered in walking shoes, Camera, Personal Cloths and Toiletries, Togs, towel, yoga attire and an open mind
Up to 16 people twin share
Beginning & End Times:
- Tour departs Roma, QLD mid at 16:00 on Day 1.
- Tour concludes approximately 14:00 Day 3.
- Travel Insurance
- Tours are subject to change. All tours are weather dependent and a contingency maybe required. Tours that are held during storm and fire season, actual location may vary on the day according to prevailing conditions.
- Mobile phone coverage is limited in areas of the tour. Guides will carry first aid & remote communication equipment.
- Mornings may be cool, but the days can warm up to mid 20’s during winter and high 30’s during summer.
- Tour involves short walks (with various gradients) on uneven and rocky ground. Good balance recommended.
- Bush toileting may be required at times