BOOBOOK PUZZLE FACEBOOK COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Participation in the Competition
- By entering “BOOBOOK Facebook Guess the Puzzle” competition, the Participant agrees to these Terms and Conditions.
- To participate in the Competition, the Participant must be an Eligible Person who submits an Eligible Entry during the Competition Period.
- There is no limit to the number of times a Participant may enter during the Competition Period.
- To enter the Competition, the Eligible Person must during the Competition Period by placing a guess as a comment on one (1) of the five (5) Facebook posts during the competition period.
- The Competition will be conducted online on the Boobook Ecotours’ Facebook account during the Competition Period. The Competition will end on expiration of the Competition Period.
- The Competition is only open to Eligible Persons.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the eligibility of any Participant (including a Participant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Participant who does not comply strictly with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. If requested by the Promoter, a Participant must provide the Promoter with evidence of eligibility. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- There will be one (1) Prize and one (1) winner of the Prize (Prize Winner).
- If a Prize Winner is under the age of 18 years, the parent or guardian of the Prize Winner who gave permission for entry into the Competition will be deemed to be a Prize Winner for the purposes of the Competition.
- The Prizes are not transferable, refundable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- The first Eligible Entry drawn at random will win the Prize.
- The draw will take place at 10:00am on 1 May 2020 at Boobook Office, 15 Quintin St, Roma Queensland 4455, Australia
- The Promoter will use reasonable efforts to notify the Prize Winner via social media to arrange delivery or collection of the Prize.
- The Promoter may, but is not obliged to, publish the results of the Competition. By participating in the Competition, the Participant gives their consent for their personal details to be published in the manner prescribed in this clause if they are the recipient of a Prize.If the Promoter decides to publish the results of the Competition, then the Promoter will publish the results on Boobook Ecotours’ Facebook page.
Other General Terms
- All Competition entries are the property of the Promoter.
- Each Participant:
(a) presently assigns to the Promoter all Intellectual Property Rights in or for the Materials and all existing and future materials created (whether alone or jointly with the Promoter) by the Participant in relation to the Materials;
(b) warrants that the Participant has the right to make this assignment and that the Promoter’s use of the Materials will not infringe any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party; and
(c) voluntarily, irrevocably and unconditionally consents to the Promoter, or persons authorised by the Promoter, doing or omitting to do, with respect to the Materials, any act which would otherwise infringe the Participant’s Moral Rights in the Materials.
- The Promoter Entities, Facebook and Instagram shall not be liable (including, without limitation, in negligence) for:
- (d)any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss); or
- (e)any personal injury suffered or sustained,
- any loss of the prize
during the course of participating in this Competition or using the Prize, except for and to the extent that any liability cannot be excluded by law.
- Each Participant indemnifies and keeps indemnified the Promoter Entities, Facebook against all claims, losses, damages, costs and expenses suffered or incurred by the Promoter Entities or any third parties arising out of the breach of these Terms and Conditions by the Participant, the conduct of the Participant in the Competition or the use of the Prize by the Participant.
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law and subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority (if any) to:
- disqualify any Participant; and/or
- modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition as appropriate.
- The Competition is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. The Participant agrees that Facebook will not be responsible for any claims, losses, damages, costs and expenses of any kind associated with this Competition and releases Facebook and Instagram to the full extent permitted by law.
- Any information provided by the Participant in this Competition is being provided to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
- Under the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth), the Promoter must notify Participants of certain matters when it collects personal information about them including how it plans to use or disclose it. If a Participant chooses to enter or take part in the Competition, the Participant may be required to provide the Promoter with personal information about themselves such as the Participant’s full name, email, and Facebook and Instagram names.
- The Promoter will collect, use and disclose the personal information which the Participant has provided for the purpose of carrying out the Competition (including as described in clause 16 in particular and in general for notification and promotion of Prizes).
- By entering the Competition, the Participant consents to the collection, use and disclosure of his or her personal information in the manner outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
- If a Participant would prefer that the Promoter does not use or disclose the Participant’s personal information in the way outlined in these Terms and Conditions and/or retain their personal information for the purposes described herein, the Participant should contact the Promoter on +61 7 4622 2646 (email: )
- A Participant has the right to access, in most circumstances, personal information which the Promoter holds about the Participant. A Participant may contact the Promoter on +61 7 4622 2646 (or email ) to ask for access to the Participant’s personal information, or if the Participant has a complaint concerning a Participant’s information privacy. The Promoter may deny the participant’s request for access in some circumstances. If the Promoter does this, it will tell the Participant why.
- If a Participant considers that any personal information that the Promoter holds about the Participant is inaccurate or if at any time the Participant’s details change, the Participant may contact the Promoterand the Promoter will take reasonable steps to ensure that such personal information is corrected. The Promoter will take reasonable steps to keep personal information secure from misuse, interference, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
“Competition” means the opportunity to go into the draw to attempt to win a Prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
“Competition Period” means the period from 26 April 2020 and concludes on 30 April 2020 11:59pm (AEST).
“Eligible Entry” means an entry which complies with the requirements of clause 4.
“Eligible Person” means an individual who:
(a) if under 18 years of age, has a parent or guardian’s permission to participate in the Competition; and
(b) submits an Eligible Entry.
“Intellectual Property Rights” means all intellectual property rights, including copyright and any right to keep confidential information confidential.
“Participant” means any person who participates in the Competition.
“Prize” means one (1) $50 Visa Gift Card
“Promoter” means BOOBOOK (ABN 94 617 952 309) entity of the Trustee for CP & MF Eddie Family Trust
“Promoter Entities” means the Promoter, all associated companies, advisors and agencies and all those entities’ personnel.